Looking for the right tools to further advance your novel drug delivery technology?
We’re making our new drug modalities available for the right opportunities
Many future scientific breakthroughs will result from the use of new technologies and being able to target any novel biology. That’s why we continue to make our drug platforms more diverse by expanding our toolkit of drug delivery technologies in new modalities space. Our aim is to design therapeutics for disease mechanisms previously considered difficult, if not impossible, to target and enable our scientists to pioneer new approaches to drug discovery. We want to partner with you to realise our goal of effectively delivering drugs in new modalities such as nucleic acids, peptides and small molecules beyond the ‘rule of five'.
If you think we can help advance your new drug delivery technology using one of our new modalities, please get in touch (see section below on how to submit a preclinical proposal).
What we offer
- Scientific leadership in nanomedicines and tissue targeting capabilities.
- A multidisciplinary team of scientists with a strong foundation in the design of lipid nanoparticles, exosomes, dendrimers and polymeric nanoparticles in the drug delivery space.
- World-class instrumentation capabilities for formulation and analytical characterisations.
- In-depth understanding of intracellular delivery and trafficking of active payloads for a range of new modalities including
- CRISPR-Cas9 systems
- Small molecules beyond the ‘rule of five’
- Peptides and proteins
- Any future new modalities.
Our scientists will rapidly review proposals to assess if we can help advance your drug delivery technology from concept through to validation.
If your proposal is successful, you will be able to:
- Screen your drug delivery technologies in our new modalities such as mRNA, antisense oligonucleotides, siRNA, CRISPR-Cas9 systems and molecules beyond the ’rule of five’.
- Agree the scope of work and decide where work packages (development, characterisation, in vitro/in vivo testing) will be done.
- Consider the potential for further collaboration to advance your drug delivery technology within our pipeline.
Submitting a new drug modalities proposal
- Determine which modality you would like to access
- Read the ‘Instructions for Authors’
- Generate a non-confidential proposal
- Submit your proposal
Instructions for authors PDF 129KB
- Decisions (accepted, additional information requested, declined) and reviewer feedback within 8 weeks
- Proposals are judged based on:
- scientific merit, strength and uniqueness of hypothesis
- medical need
- translational relevance/predictivity of proposed studies
- technical feasibility
- probability of a successful outcome
- alignment with AstraZeneca’s R&D focus areas
How to submit a preclinical research proposal PDF 75KB
Project approval, execution and reporting
- Further develop the project proposal under bidirectional Confidential Disclosure and/or Material Transfer Agreement
- AstraZeneca sends the compound and associated information
- Progress reports due as study progresses
- Final report and manuscript submission within 6 months of study completion
- Access to follow-on studies and grant applications