New Molecule Profiling
The objective of this module is to identify novel compounds active in relevant disease biology assays that serve as the foundation for further collaborative work with external investigators. By providing access to sophisticated cheminformatics and screening technologies, we aim to invite partnerships with top global research talent and ultimately advance the discovery of novel therapeutics to improve patient’s lives.
Why Use AstraZeneca’s New Molecule Open Innovation Module?
AstraZeneca offers external investigators an exceptional opportunity to access our modern drug discovery screening programme, representing a broad range of assays spanning therapeutic areas of current scientific interest. As well as making multiple assays available to external investigators, AstraZeneca will provide in-kind evaluation and characterisation of their compound(s) in a manner which ensures structure confidentiality. All generated data and intellectual property rights are retained by the external investigator.
- AstraZeneca tests selected compounds in its screening programme against a broad range of disease-relevant targets.
- AstraZeneca provides all evaluations and data free of charge and with no obligation to the external investigator.
- Compound structure confidentiality is protected.
- Joint publication of data will be a possibility.
- The external investigator retains IP rights to the molecule.
- At all times, the investigator maintains complete control of the decision to move to the next step in the process if an opportunity is presented.
- For compounds of interest following testing, AstraZeneca may partner with the investigator to advance promising discoveries.
Find out more about how it works!